Monday, March 30, 2015

Wow. All I can say after a day like today is wow. Today I got to experience many different things. For me today brought upon many firsts in my life. I have never flown alone on an airplane and I have never been out of the USA before. Along with my firsts, brought upon many learning experiences. I have never thought about how thankful I am to have parents who teach me everything I know. Today, I was asked by a little boy how to throw a football. This is what made me think about how thankful I am for the opportunities I have been given. Today we did many different things. From flying from to Haiti, to playing soccer and football with the local kids.  ~JOE SHWARTZ

            Today the group had already created memories that will last them a life time. The Haiti trip all began today when we all met up at the airport and waited for the slackers to arrive. We prayed together before we left for our first flight out to Miami, Florida. Before we left we already had a hilarious moment when Guadalupe was stopped and searched at the security gate. No worries, everyone made it out alive and well. The second flight was a breeze. Many people stepping out into Haiti air for the first time already began to sweat profusely. Colleen started sweating before we even got outside the airport, haha.
             We jumped onto the Toptop (which is a vehicle) and drove to our beautiful guest home. When everyone first walked through the wooden doors, the smell of Sheperds Pie filled the air. Everyone threw their belongings into the rooms and run outside to play a game of soccer with the kids next door. Oh my goodness, watching these kids play soccer against Matt T. was an absolute sight to see! Other TG kids were playing with Matt T. but it was really only Matt T. against all the other talented Haitians playing soccer. Oh, and while the soccer game as going on some kids had their hair done and also played some football.

            Dinner was amazing! Everyone had the privilege to eat a home cooked meal known as Shepherd’s Pie. We all sat down at a long table and Guadalupe said praise. Afterwards, Jens, Logan, Anna K. and Michelle F. did the dishes and set up the table for breakfast the next morning. Some TG kids took showers before our meeting but some did not. The meeting was about what the week was going to look like and what we need to prepare for. Oh, we also went around and said one word that we though expressed our whole day. My word was bizarre because being in Haiti with all these amazing people is such a bizarre experience.  Once that was over Joe S. and I (Logan Knip) decided to write the first blog of this Haiti trip. Hannah Johnson was also supposed to be a part of this blogging but she dipped out… loser. Well…this is starting to get sort of long so I will be ending it here. Goodnight from everyone here and you will hear from us soon J ~ LOGAN KNIP

6 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that Jens is doing the dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi everyone, If this is a repeat message I apologize, trying to get a google acct. to communicate. I am Matt T's mother, Linda Thibodeau writing with pride from St. Paul. I so enjoyed reading this blog and hope all is well. You will all have an outstanding and memorable trip and will be such blessings to the Haitian people. I loved reading about my son Matt T. playing soccer with the kids there. (A special message to "Matthew" my son: Hi Matthew....so proud of you. Have fun, be safe and I hope you are able to give as well as learn on this trip. Love, Mom) All the best to all of you there. I'm saying safe travel prayers for all of you. Linda Thibodeau

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep Blogging! Love you all - Caroline (Jake's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Big day for the group delivering water. I can't wait to hear about what you saw, felt and experienced today. I'm sure it will be just as rewarding as it will be overwhelming. Safe travels this week. I love you Sydney! Are you taking care of my #4 Hannah Johnson? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thinking of and praying for you as you minister and serve in Haiti. Feeling proud of the TG family who has responded to this calling and grateful for the adult leadership and Healing Haiti representation. Looking forward to the next update! Wish that I were there too! To Michelle....."rock on!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. God Bless you all 😇 Lupe I can imagined the moment when you got stopped at the airport LOL 😝

    ReplyDelete